- 2006-- Professor, Stony Brook University.
- 2001--06 Associate Professor, Stony Brook University.
- 1999--01 Assistant Professor, Stony Brook University.
- 1996--99 Assistant Professor, Iowa State University.
- 1991--96 Research Scientist, Bellcore.
- 1986--91 Ph.D., Computer Science, Stony Brook University.
- 1982--86 B. Tech, Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
My research is motivated by practical problems in
software and systems security
, and emphasizes building real systems.
It draws on principles and techniques from
, and artificial intelligence
problems such as:
- Binary analysis and instrumentation
- Software vulnerability mitigation (buffer overflows, SQL injection, XSS, ...)
- Malware and untrusted code defense
- High-performance intrusion detection (network and host-based)
- Attack isolation and recovery
Several of my current PhD students are graduating this year, so I am
looking to replenish the pipeline. If you are a PhD (or a BS or MS) student
looking for an advisor, please send me email.
You can learn more about my research at Secure Systems Laboratory web pages. Check out our
alumni pages to know where some
of our past students are.
I am teaching CSE 548 (graduate algorithms) in Spring 2016.
Here is a link to the course web page, containing
materials used when I taught this course in Fall 2014.
Here is a list of courses that I have taught recently.